PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any spare troops/fire engines chaps?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2013, 23:14
mopardave

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Smudge........I'm not really a trade unionist. I am a member of the FBU, partly because of the protection and support I'd get if I was in trouble. I believe unions are beneficial up to a point. You're right, in my "game", if we're not on the ball, or indeed working, people are at increased risk.......but I don't like it when it's used as a stick to beat us with. We went on strike 10 years ago and didn't achieve a damn thing........we lost, big time! It broke my bloody heart, and I never thought it would happen again.........when the result was announced I felt sick. I care what people think about us but the pension thing is a distraction......our politicians treat the "good" people of this country shamefully......I'd love to have a chat with our PM......just so he could make me feel better about the way middle England has been sold down the river.
Anyway, enough ranting........I'm sure we'd be able to sort it all out over a beer.........without resorting to pouring it over each others heads! Like I said, please don't believe the crap you're about to read about us in the press.
Best wishes mate
Dave