PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any spare troops/fire engines chaps?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2013, 22:55
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mopardave,

Read my post again. I really have no gripe with the lads who jump when a shout comes in. And like you, I really do despise the way the pollies use the press to defame people who only weeks before the sanctimonious b*stards are praising. I'm wondering personally how long before Dunkinsmith is set loose on military pensions, war pensions etc. having given the best part of my life to service in the RAF I feel that the Fire Service would have the same ethos as the military, which would generally be, we hate the political crap, but we will always get the job done. I promise you that it's that attitude that puts you above the detritus that makes a living in the SW1 postcode. My only concern is that when the real experts won't do their job, real people die. As an old DI would have told me "rise above it, clench buttocks and teeth and get on with it". Whatever you and your colleagues decide to do remember that the only loser in all of it is the victim of the fire. My apologies if you feel I'm opposing your rights as a trades unionist.

Smudge