PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2013, 21:52
MAN777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egyptair MAN - Cairo - Amman - Cairo - MAN

Earlier in the thread I stated I would report back on my experience on these recent flights.

Business in Amman last week required reasonable timed flights coupled with cost. Egyptair came back as the cheapest and quickest. So bit of a no brainer really.

MAN Check in and security check less than 15 minutes and access to Servisair business lounge, not quite Emirates but OK with great views of the airport.

Egyptair newish B737-800, 20 Business seats and one business pax (me) with the back appearing almost full.

Business in flight service not bad but again not EK standards, dry so no beer or wine. Only option was Salmon which I cannot stand, instead credit must be given to creativeness of the flight attendant who offered one of the flight deck meals (very nice chicken Captain !!) hope you enjoyed my salmon.

4 hrs 50 on the ground at Cairo, quick airside bus transfer to the terminal and 15 minutes later inside the Egyptair lounge (1 of 4) which was very busy and on the small side, snack selection OK. 2 hrs later after another slick bus transfer airborne to Amman.

Reverse routing was much the same but in daylight, 2nd transfer at Cairo (8 am) was much busier, the terminal was heaving with pax with little seating available, business lounge full but better than outside.

Incidentely, there was absolutely no sign of any unrest or increased security inline with the city itself.

Flight to MAN had 10 Business PAX this time and the back again appeared pretty full.

Arrived back at T1 MAN and whizzed past the border control line by using biometric passport, only to be delayed in the baggage hall because our flight was put on the small carousel 6 which quickly became gridlocked by unclaimed bags (owners stuck upstairs) the auto feed wouldnt release any more bags as there was no room, so frustrated pax started to empty it to get things moving.

If you are still with me at this point, to summarise the Egyptair flight will be considered again for my future travel plans as it offers a credible, well timed and economical option to the near / middle east.

Long may it continue.