PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Assessment- Sept 2013
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2013, 19:18
jimmyjetplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type rating

Venkman

I am not rated but hope I will have a chance as I would love to work for Jet 2

I am ex Oxford Aviation College F/ATPL graduate. I have instructor background with 1000 hrs instructing and total 2000 hrs.Also 100 MEP time from air Taxi work. MCC and JOC LOFT/CRM around 100 hours in Boeing simulator 300, 400, 500, 800 variants.In recent flying practice.Don't know what else I could do really.I do consider I am experienced and when the chips are down I believe that it could be drawn upon. I am used to landing in crosswinds on limits or worse over limits when you have no choice! Many would lose it with only 200 hours I really believe that.(Go watch Terror in the Skies) episode 3 I think?!

I have heard that Jet 2 don't have a particular Pilot stereotyped candidate, but consider all levels of experience.My main concern is my age and I just hope they really do look at people of all age groups as I read last time on the notes about the SSTR scheme that one of the minimum requirements was must be under 62 years of age. (I am not that old by the way), Just hope I can have a shot at this.I am sure they are excellent company to work for.Good salary not just paid when flying like that Irish lot! Also with many benefits and good term and conditions.Seems they actually care about there employees and reward them for their efforts through various schemes.

Good luck to everyone who has applied.