PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2013, 20:51
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
air pig:

I do not agree with your alarmism in re the Israelis necessarily using nukes.

I seriuosly doubt that their response to any Syrian attack would be other than conventional.

They have ample conventional means to hand, and do not need to invite the charge of over reaction that would make them the bad guy and play right into the hands of various Iranian and Arab world parties who seek an excuse to go after them, politically or otherwise.

If Assad launches a strike on Israel (I am not sure why he would) he knows full well that they'll whack him smartly at the very least.
Lonewolf 50, thank you for your comment. I make the assertion for the following reasons:

1. During Gulf War 1, it was said that the Israeli's had James Baker warn the Iraqi's off, about using WMD through the UN.
2. The Israeli's reserved the right to use the Samson option and did have their nuclear weapons uploaded during GW1.
3. Considerable air and special forces assets were deployed in the Iraqi western desert to hunt for Scuds.
4. The actions of a despot in bringing the house down on himself and people rather than surrender and end up like Hussain, Ghadaffi or Coschescu (sp) and end up on the end of a rope or in front of a firing squad.
5. And, I have made this comment in the past, that after having 6million co-religionists industrially murdered over 12 years along with millions of other victims of Nazi Germany they would not allow it to happen again, no matter the cost. This has been displayed at Entebbe and in Ethiopia and in actions capturing Eichmann and the recent Dubai debacle.

My comments are not meant to to be alarmist just a view that needs to be made as the consequences of not thinking this thing through will have devastating consequences not just for the people of Syria but the region and the world.

Last edited by air pig; 27th Aug 2013 at 21:00.