PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2013, 17:06
JonnyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct that it has 2 evening flights and 3 late arrivals into NCL in the early hours of the morning. It's a more tougher schedule in comparison with LS and EZY as you've stated.

I also agree that there may be more time to deal with unforeseen problems. However, I'm not necessarily questioning the length of delays, I'm questioning the amount of them for this aircraft in particular.

I just can't have the argument that the schedule is taken such a toll on the aircraft that it has a tech delay every week. I don't know TCX's maintenance programme and nor do I know any of other stated airlines maintenance programme never mind there maintenance schedule at NCL. I just simply cannot believe that because its got a busier schedule that its causing the aircraft so much trouble - it must be either poorly maintained or it needs to be taken out of service for a substantial inspection - something I imagine TCX & Smartlynx don't wanna do.

Again, someone may correct me if I'm wrong which I may well be. I just think TCX next summer need to consider, carefully, what A320 they base over at NCL. If I was them I wouldn't set foot near a lease agreement or contract for LCL. It must be costing them a small fortune. It would definitely be interesting to know who pays for these delays - Smart Lynx or TCX? As you've mentioned it's not just the movement of other aircraft to NCL, it's the EU thing.

Apologies for boring you, it just bugs me! And I'm sure it really annoys them passengers!

Last edited by JonnyH; 26th Aug 2013 at 17:08.