PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2013, 11:24
JonnyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't disagree with you on that point. I know TCX rotate there 752s as does LS and TOM.

Perhaps it's easier to compare it with other fleets based A320s. You have the EZY A320 and G-POWI, who is leased from Titan, who is constantly based at NCL for the Spanish routes for Jet2. These aircrafts rarely have issues in comparison with LCL.

My thinking is that if LCL is having significantly more problems than any other based aircraft at NCL, whether it be A320s or 752s, this much surely show that this aircraft is having more frequent difficulties than most of the other TCX fleet and other airlines fleets. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that around 1 tech difficulty per week, sometimes more, is poor customer service and frankly unacceptable.

This aircraft should not be in service if its gonna cause serious problems for pax and many financial implications for TCX - it cannot be cheap sending a relief aircraft every week to subsidise for the loss of LCL.

Perhaps I'm wrong and LS & TOM have more relief aircraft and therefore are able to provide relief quicker to avoid huge delays. But if that's correct I expect someone to point that out!

This is my opinion and, don't worry, I don't expect too many people to agree - most people probably think that post is a load of S**T.

Last edited by JonnyH; 26th Aug 2013 at 11:27.