PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2013, 15:17
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE]@ air pig

I have never said that we should use Tomahawks. Just that we are likely to.
We shouldn't do anything, leave them to fight to a standstill. But Obama committed USA with his "red line" and the UK is his closest ally. So we will probably launch a handful of Trafalgar SLCMs on co-ordinates provided by the USA and with them providing us with replacements FOC.

If you go back to the beginning of this thread you will see that my position has been consistent. You will also see that we are in total agreement.

Meanwhile: AFP: Hollande says 'body of evidence' shows Damascus 'responsible' for chemical attacks: https://mobile.mmedia.me/lb/en/Newes...emical-attacks

Another factor. When Obama attacks Syria will Assad retaliate by launching his considerable rocket force against Israel? ][/QUOTE

You make very valid points, sometimes politicians should just shut up and say nothing as they are frequently hoisted by there own petards. If Assad does attack Israel even with conventional weapons the Israeli's will strike and strike hard, if CW is involved then all bets will be off. I suspect that he Israeli's will see it as an attempt at state sponsored genocide and attack with some small but powerful nuclear weapons. Obama needs to be cognascent of this and go and read his history before even thinking of authorising missile/air strikes and its after effects.

We have to wait until the UN have investigated and seen their results. The so called international community is calling for action and as usual the UK/US and this time France are stepping forward as its policeman. It would be good if others did the job instead of the usual countries who then suffer a backlash due their actions. Oh and a last point, we can't afford it !!

Last edited by air pig; 25th Aug 2013 at 15:19.