PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2013, 12:18
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Eclectic: In that case I apologise if you think I am bring unfair, we just have different views of each other analysis. The fact that the rebels are nasty is not in dispute, but in my opinion throwing Tomahawks at the Assad forces may even make that country more unstable, allowing the rebels to fracture into smaller and even more violent groups. There are too many outside influences in this situation for this to be resolved around a table in a civilised matter, as no one will give way. Assad regaining control with an iron hand in a steel glove, whilst not the best idea or desirable, it may, by being a 'strongman' solution bring some peace in the area.

Unfortunately, religiously motivated groups all over the world commit atrocities without them being extensively reported in particular in central Africa and Asia.

The use of a CW is to be deplored and perpetrators should be brought before a legally constituted court on a charge of either a war crime or as an outside attempted genocide.

As I have previous stated, we need to stay out and watch from the sidelines, giving only refugee aid.

Last edited by air pig; 25th Aug 2013 at 12:33.