PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE - 2
Thread: HUMBERSIDE - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2013, 22:58
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pan man I apologise for my outburst im suffering severe stress and depression of late due to ill health. Ive been given meds that seem to loosen the tounge in a way im not like in real life
So I apologise for my outbursts and odd posts to you all on here.
Im not actually crazy. Just going thru a private hell at the moment.
But I do care passionately about our community in the region as a whole. Its sad to see it in decline.
For example the recent rail landslip showed that an error made 37 years ago or whatever closed the perfect bypass rail route through part of the axholme joint. Now should it be partially reopened or even in full it would relive traffic along the Isle towns giving a much needed public service and allowing people with no car accses more direct routes south via haxey junction. Even if it went as far as the crowle line it would have served as a bypasd for the closure and saved all that upheaval. But it showed the weakness in our infrastuctre.
Now granted this has little to do with aviation. But highlights how public infrastructre IS for the commin good and is part of the wider community.
The asets and potential opertunities our two airports in North Lincolnshire /South Yorkshire are very much part of the community.
They in the case of Klm provide lifeline services for the oil industry.
So I dont think its pie in the sky to ask as a member of the community with two airports that are there to help fufil our needs and bring in wealth and opertunities into our local economy at a time when its needed most.
Where are the grants to subserdise new routes ad a kind of kiclstarter program to imcrease choice and genuine competition to the region.
To say that every idea ever suggested on here. Jet3 Ryanair. Easyjet. Bcy or whatever will never come seems defeatist. Im not talking daily flights from these.
But the fact is other northern airports started slow.
They do have links to the scottish capital.
I recall a codehsare flight from Lba - Sumburgh via Aberdeen back in 1995.
So it has been done in thr past.
Manchester has norwich. Not a route would seem to be popular yet it runs daily.
So why I ask the question and would like a respectful real explaination of why tjins are so slow east of the pennies.
I know Huy is a small airport but they have albiet dmall routes and charters have almodt monthly found new routes. And an significant one at that even if its a small route. But the first flag carrier to start a new route eastbof the big three MAN LBA LPL.
So why is DSA suffering. Does this mean Huy is back on the up. Does it have the space to exoand like DSA.
And also law of averages says eventually DSA will get new routes just like HUY. So who in your experience is likelky and to where.
Once again I apologise for my recent comments.
Ia a genuine supporter of both airports as I Still beleive they are for the public good.
Plese don't flame me for thid post.
But after reading on the Jet2 thread someone aluded to a possible Alicante base with poss flights to CWL and HUY. Now normally on here suggesting Jet two migrating to the east of the pennines is shot down on here in a blaze of ridicule.
And finally with HUY on the up if they keep it up what becomes of DSA

Last edited by onyxcrowle; 24th Aug 2013 at 22:59.