PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2013, 12:55
sky9

Keeping Danny in Sandwiches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on, Sky9 - tell us what you did with your extra '2000kgs'. Did you increase CMR by 2000kg? Did you hold for 40+ minutes? I'm intrigued. Presumably you had some idea why you carried it? As someone who spent half his flying life short of fuel I LOVE lots of it, but cannot see the point in tankering it around for no reason.
BOAC I really don't see what you are getting at.If you read my comment you will see that we agree. If I carried extra fuel I showed is as extra and annotated my voyage report with the reason; nobody ever questioned it.
I didn't carry extra fuel unless there was a good reason to do so.

If there was a good reason I carried enough to make a difference. There is absolutely no reason to carry fuel when the weather is fine and there are no delays, every reason in the book to carry fuel if the destination is forecast Cat3. Likewise if there are thunderstorms at the destination being able to hold gives time for the thunderstorm to pass through or leave you with sufficient fuel to go to the alternate knowing that others will be doing the same.

I would suggest that you read 2.1 page 17 of the Alicante incident.