PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAC 1-11
Thread: BAC 1-11
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2013, 18:03
WHBM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Britannia never had a One-Eleven. Monarch had a small number after 1975, starting with some of the redundant Court Line fleet after their August 1974 bankruptcy; I don't know if they kept the Seatback catering like Dan-Air did on the ones passed to them - there were reports of DA still using this in the 1980s, although it was only a couple of aircraft in their fleet.

Among other One-Eleven stories are the ex-Tarom ones which started Ryanair off into trunk routes like Dublin to Liverpool and Luton. They came from Romania with pilots but not cabin crew, at a time when the Romanian economy was hitting rock bottom. Apparently top of the tree to volunteer for this duty were the test pilots from the RomBac plant that had assembled a few of the aircraft. Their English language skills were such that the cabin crew were required to make all normal passenger PAs - pity ATC then.

IT operator 4S holidays
Do I recall their strapline correctly ? Sun, Sea, Sand, and ....... Superjet. I presume the last was replaced by another word from time to time.

Last edited by WHBM; 19th Aug 2013 at 18:06.