PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War casualty flights shunned by union
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2003, 14:03
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Department for Transport has produced a draft directive requiring....
I don't understand this - surely the DOT can provide an alleviation for pilots to operate to revised FTL's without being punished, assuming they, and their employers consent, but the DOT cannot "require" anybody to do anything? Presumably this is exactly what they are in the process of discovering the hard way at the moment?

As Cabin Crew, I've also volunteered, like Stampe to work these flights, as have many others in the company (I'm aware that pilot hours are more important and more limiting). On the day, I'd be happy to work whatever hours were appropriate to get the job done: Surely that's what discretion is intended for?

I can well understand that pilots might be twitchy about massively extended FDP's followed by reduced rest on a recurrent basis. Let's face it, 9 hours rest never is 9 hours rest. The transport is never there, the beds are still occupied, the company has just faxed changes to your room which is located adjacent to the afterburner engine run bay.

Seems to me that one group of bean counters hasn't been talking to the other group

That's my dime