PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking the leap?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2013, 07:53
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bug,

Borrowing money for flight training at this point in time is madness. Holding onto the belief that Easy is still taking guys on and basing your decision on the hiring practices of one airline wouldn't be a good idea. Easy can turn off the tap anytime they like. Ryan just did it.

On another thread someone said that out of his ATPL ground course in 2012, 6 out of around 60 people are actually flying and being paid for it right now.

Plenty of OAA and CTC integrated guys out there looking for work. A lot have already given up. You have to remember that plenty of people who graduated in 2008,09,10,11 and 12 are all out there looking for jobs too.

I just lifted this off the CAE Website so have amended my post to include it.

The overall worldwide fleet of aircraft will almost double; airline traffic almost triple by 2028.

29,000 new airplanes will be delivered worldwide by 2028.

Industry experts predict the overall global pilot demand for the next 20 years is about 20,000 pilots per year.

The problem with these three statements is virtually none of this will be happening in Europe. 90% of new aircraft orders are going to either the Middle or Far East. Almost all the 20,000 pilots required per year will be going to the Middle and Far East. Guess where all the traffic increases will be?

My last beef is that in the "Airlines we work with" section. Ryanair has been listed twice and apparently CAE work with not only Susi Air but Lion Air also!! What a load of rubbish. They cant even spell the names of some Airlines properly. I know they aren't going to tell you that only 30% of the grads are working but listing half truths and very questionable info on your website has to give you an indication as to what sort of business they are. All of this is to convince you that now is best time to get you to part with your money. Clearly it isn't

Last edited by pilotchute; 18th Aug 2013 at 08:10.