PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble with getting into aviation
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2013, 22:38
Chazzai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Trouble with getting into aviation

Hello,

I currently have a bit of a dilemma, I am currently 14 and have always dreamt of being an airline pilot for as long as I can remember, I am from a family that are okay on financial grounds, but no where near well off enough to fund flying lessons, up to a PPL, not enough to fund going to a flying school such as OAA (Oxford Aviation Academy.) So, I have no way of paying to become a pilot, as I am 14 most pubs/shops or companies will even think about giving me a job, even if I could get a job, I would be on minimum wage which for 14 is next to nothing. A paper round is even less. So, part one of the dilemma is no funding. Part 2, scholarships are nearly unheard of now. Ever since 9/11 most airlines stopped funding for the training of young people to become pilots. I am in the air cadets, and there is a scheme for gliding, but unfortunately not many get chosen by this scheme. I have been flying a few times (with cadets, but it's nothing along the lines of learning.) I have been in a 737 simspot simulator, and found I do have a genuine genuine interest in aviation, I am going to do some work experience with a private airstrip in July 2014, but again will probably not help with anything. Would anybody please be able to give me some advice, point me in the right direction, list any websites, ways of earning money or any ways of getting into flying without the mass cost. Please please email me at [email protected]/comment on this post. Thank you if you do have any advice!