PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2013, 21:48
Sober Lark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver, thanks for your reply. The Germans set up work councils where the bosses and unions had to work in a sprit of mutual trust. Call it forward thinking and hard work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Ryanair pilots had Employee Representation Committees regarding amongst other matters conditions of employment and collective bargaining negotiations?

On the safety front. Channel 4 really made such a hatchet job of the facts and the reporter will win no awards for investigative journalism. They made n mention of how employees could air their concerns through the Ryanair Air Safety Committee or the Safety Alert Initial Reporting program or through Crew dock or the Flight Safety Officer or the Operational Flight Data Monitoring system or to the IAA. Strange.

Also, what's with the Ryanair Employee Share schemes? If the Channel 4 report held any water it would be preposterous to think any employees would be in such a share holding scheme.

One fact to all those I told you so, doom and gloom, wait for the crash people, ALL airlines are exposed to the risk of an aircraft accident. Some insure, some self insure some rely on a mix of both. Public perception on safety is paramount and that is why it is right that Ryanair are considering legal action against Channel 4 and that Goss rightly got the boot.

Last edited by Sober Lark; 16th Aug 2013 at 21:52.