PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 23:53
grafity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverstrata & AtomKraft
As long as the Irish leprechaun played the fool, and the fat Cypriot gurned for the cameras

If FR wish to behave like their fellow Countrymen do- I was thinking of those nice Irish folk who often come round offering to 'do your driveway'
And out it comes, typical racist, bigoted, bull****. Is your real problem here the fact that those leprechauns and fat Greeks have knocked good old Royal Britannias fleet of Speedbirds off their perch?

Originally Posted by silverstrata
Ryanair pilots please note, I have done this myself on three occasions - calculated precisely the exact fuel to the FAF (which was just enough) and thus not declared an emergency, and landed with the required 150 kg below final fuel (burn from FAF to landing). However, if someone had barged in front of me with a Mayday call, who had more fuel than I had, I would not have been impressed.
Silverstrata, Please read the following extracted from EASA Part CATS (COMMERCIAL AIR TRANSPORT OPERATIONS). It's ~page 83 of the linked document.

CAT.OP.MPA.280 In-flight fuel management — aeroplanes

(b) 3. The commander shall declare an emergency when the calculated usable fuel on landing, at the nearest adequate aerodrome where a safe landing can be performed, is less than final reserve fuel.
So you've landed below reserve fuel 3 times!! Without declaring an emergency?? And, you're worried about Ryanairs safety culture???
Bearing in mind that only one of the Ryanair aircraft eventually landed below their minimum reserves at Valencia.

I sincerely hope those 3 landings were on MS Flight Simulator.

Last edited by grafity; 14th Aug 2013 at 02:05.