PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 17:58
silverstrata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW:
For those who missed the documentary, it can be seen on replay here:
Dispatches - 4oD - Channel 4

And, quite predictably, Ryanair has issued legal proceeding against Channel 4:
BBC News - Ryanair to sue Channel 4 over fuel allegations

Personally, I don't think Ryan will get anywhere, especially since some 98% of the 1,000 pilots who responded to the questionnaire said they had no confidence in the safety reporting system at the airline. I think any judge in his/her right mind will say that highlighting this and the many other points is: "in the public interest". But the blue and yellow leprechaun does not appear to care - I think his attitude is that any advertising, no matter how dire it is, is good advertising.

In addition, he will be attempting to frighten the other pilots into submission with this legal action. You can bet that his first application to the courts will be for the names of the pilots involved in the documentary, so that he can frighten/dismiss them. This, unfortunately, is how he runs this airline. It was much the same in a similar Low Standards (Low Cost) airline, where management declared some years ago that they liked dismissing a pilot a month, as kept the others on their toes. But it is not a way to run a safety culture, in an industry that desperately needs a safety culture.