PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 10:56
grafity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read some correspondence on this issues you're talking of and they were a disgrace. As the saying goes it's very "Irish." There's a lot of a good people in Ireland but unfortunately it always seems to be the idiots that make it to the top.

I think if we bring this back on to point. If you take GASCI as an example, there's 12 different groups seeking representation in Ireland and that's only GA. There's probably a few professional pilot unions as well. If you look at the states for GA you have AOPA, 1 organisation big enough to deal with the regulators and properly protect pilot issues. I'm pretty sure it's the same story across Europe. Having hundreds of groups on their own little mission does nothing for anyone, only fill a few egos. We need something big enough and structured to cover all pilots from GA up to 380s, with one voice.

As I've said before, I don't agree with EPAs attack on Ryanairs safety record because it simply doesn't wash. If you have an issue with Ryanair deal with that issue directly. If the EPA had real concerns about safety, it would be taking a much more focused look at the likes of Air France and it's horrendous safety record of late.

However, as much I disagree with there current tactics, I think it's justifiable to get behind them. They seem to have a good organisational base already. Maybe if everyone rolled in behind them they would gain the financial backing as well as a stronger mandate when going to EASA and the EU Commission.