PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair secrets?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2013, 06:57
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Except for the publishing of the league tables and the contract pilots I have witnessed the rest in flag carriers.
The important part which you all have seen to have missed is what the authority does and does not do.
I have had several "dealings" with the IAA and was warned against them as the organisation is a complete waste of space and that there had been a complaint to the minister re corruption.
Silly me ...I ignorred the advice.
Last winter I was involved with Gasci...and the aaiu ...all part of the IAA...absolute waste of space and there are reports which are incorrect to say the least.
I considered writing to the minister of transport but was warned off...this advice
I took.
Look at the Manx crash ...three illegal approaches.
Or their aviation maps of the last decade where the aviation info stopped at the border.
Try visiting licencing.
Read some of the accident reports when you know what actually happened.
File a safety report against an airline and see what response you get.
Contact the flight operations inspector for FR.
Finally what sort of authority allows a CPL/IR to be issued to a 160hour pilot.
Ryanair are an extremely good low cost carrier...O'leary is very clever at just staying within the rules.
They have changed the face of flying and tourism.
I don't agree with the contract pilot situation but Ireland is a country that encourages tax avoidance so it is all part and parcel.
My bug bare is that I expect the authority to ensure that an airline is safe and this in my experience is NOT the case.

Last edited by blind pew; 13th Aug 2013 at 07:34.