PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Fire-fighting (Merged threads)
Old 11th Aug 2013, 03:10
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helicopter Fire-fighting (Merged threads)

Hi John
CL415 as Winnie stated Newfie Gov own them. Know the crew, they were busy this year in Lab on fires. Unfortunately didn't get chance this year to work with these crews. Was busy in Quebec working along side their provinces CL415 crews. Very accommodating, they worked one sector along side us with buckets in the next. Quite the machine to watch, always loved longline bucket, but working along side these bomber crews always makes me a little envious on the fun factor it must be. They pull some pretty tight circuits when on ops.

The one machine I really want to see in action while working along side is this baby.

Wonder what they use to birdsong that in....for you info in Quebec they were using Kingairs for the CL415,s. Our fire season will be coming to an end shortly, yours will be beginning keep us informed John, know lots of Canuck crews heading down. For me done for the next few weeks...off spraying conifer release for forestry. Oh we'll change as good as a rest.

Gordy, hope all going well mate, will be in touch PM on the plans for a reunion, you would love Newfieland, would remind you off your days in light blue a la Lossie. Very beautiful. The fish and chips and pints of Guiness or heavy the real deal. Later mate be safe.