PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 500 HOURS LT not much help
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2013, 08:19
Leon1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 500 HOURS LT not much help

Hey guys,

Thought I would share my experience with this 500 hours LT game

I have just finished a program of 500 hours LT on the B737-800 I am not much further on than when I left flight school.(For sure a competent operator of the B737 now but that's about it)

Graduated at the end of 2011 with my fATPL & IR, decided I wanted to fly the jets as that's what really interested me from the beginning! , so went and did the TR on 737NG with a TRTO in Miami, then waited for 6 months to start the LT.

Have my 500 hours on type now, plus my initial training so 750TT

However it does not seem to get employers excited!! I have e-mailed my resume to every 737 operator in the world using Wikipedia list of 737 operators and have had a handful of replies! & they only state that I don't meet there experience required!!

Anyhow its my own risk, and I have used all my money up now, I don't even have enough to keep current!! luckily I have landed a normal job to keep up with the repayments on the loan

I have been the test rat here, so anyone thinking of 500 hours LT, yes it's good experience, but....not likely to get you employed earning $10,000 PCM thereafter.

Not sure where to go from here, any advice???