PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 8th Aug 2013, 10:06
Fuel-Off

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Agreed LongLats.

You lot who are getting impatient about all this, simply - we don't want you. If this is the attitude of you new FOs (ie those on here complaining)) I have to put up with on a 11hour day starting at 4am then you might find yourself 'accidently' headbutting the crash axe and swiftly evacuated through the hatch...

As mentioned, the company owes you BUCKLEYS! SWEET FK ALL. The fact that some of you are complaining about the cost of fees etc, harden up. This is called aviation and has been going on for years (other vocations charge candidates for psych tests too by the way). You are going from a C152 to a Dash 8 - something completely unheard of until recently in Australian Aviation. You'd be paying a whole lot more for a plethora of endorsements as you go through the traditional route of GA. So the cost of a pysch test compared to the few THOUSANDS of $$ seems rather small doesn't it?

I, like ALOT of the Captains and indeed Senior FOs love the Dash and the job we do. We always welcome new comers, but if you ruffle feathers by complaining on your first day, your name will be infamous very quickly and you'll be having a nice 'joy flight' with the Regional Fleet Manager (don't forget to bring the Vaseline...).

My advice, be patient. The world isn't going to end. And if you do make it, Welcome! Just remember that some guys have been there for over 20 years, so if someone with more experience than you is talking - shut up and listen. You might actually learn something (no...you don't know everything - heck I don't). Oh and bone up on your radio telephonic procedures, some of the new guys with very little experience sound very amateurish and listening to some radio calls are pretty cringe worthy.

Good luck lads and ladettes

Worse when you hear "QLink 489D turns finals, full stop"
Even more so when they announce themselves as an IFR Dash 8 Q400 RPT

Fuel-Off

Last edited by Fuel-Off; 8th Aug 2013 at 10:13.