PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working as ATC post 2009
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2013, 14:34
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y-b, you can forget it mate.

A: on my group is booked solid apart from dribs & drabs of 3,4 or 4 days off. Who do you know takes hols for 4 days?

B: well...........

C: your colleagues are willing but the smartest guys in the room have completely ****** this up too.

D: any reasonable employer in these types of industries carries enough staff to cover un-planned absences, sickness, family reasons etc. airlines have reserve rosters. But NAVCANADA has confirmed all is honky dory I'm sure ASA will do the same in return

I lost a family member years ago, my manager at the time was brilliant, I won't forget what he did for me at the time. I also had a few life challenges recently that was dealt with by my manager very well.

In the circumstances you talk of the organisation is a joke. I know it because I have a close family member that lives overseas. She doesn't have the luxury of knowing what she's doing 14 months ahead.

Your footy team makes the granny, could you predict it 14 months ahead & no one on your group wants leave? Forget it.

Do you know the date of sporting events you participate in 14 months ahead & nobody on your group wants leave? Forget it.

The person who decides whether you get leave doesn't have a problem getting the leave they want

Is this worth the 30% 'loading' you get on the salary? The salary don't look so good when you minus this.