PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss downsize definite
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2003, 18:35
gofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy MP

You suggest that LX can run to the end of the year - September is probably as far as they will get.

I caught sight of a comment paper discussing why Dose is a "HERO" and that the staff who survive will be also.

Its the PAX (SLF or whatever you want to call them) who are the HERO's, and unfortunately for Andre, I'm only amongst them when I can't avoid it... The food and service was going to get better - but the buns on EAP-LHR are now 1 per pax not 2 or 3 and forget the salmon, and the other day the brie tasted French not Swiss.....

No Andre, running the airline like you do I'll only fly LX when forced to (like the lowest dumping prices on D class HKG-ZRH return, but AF & LH will match whatever offer you make and even BA is getting close (and they have beds not flying deck-chairs).

The Eurocross idea in BSL brought over 15% more trade and you cancel the flights instead of encouraging the pax to come back - and flying empty A320's costs more than 1/2 full S2000's that are already breaking even at that kind of load... Don't understand the economics of the management who seem, more than ever determined to screw the Swiss Tax Payer. Remember please that there is something called a Directors personal liability in cases of crass incompetence.... (and that looks more than a given from this bystanders view).

Sorry guys, but you need to start bailing out - if you have a job to go to, take it... the end is near, and with the current madness, probably not near enough for the tax payers. Would have loved to help you, but this time management has gone way too far and my miles (between 300 & 500K of them per year and most in Business - which does pay...) are for the most going to the competition, and yes I'm burning my QG miles every chance I get, because I don't want to lose them all.