PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riat 2003
Thread: Riat 2003
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2003, 15:16
swinging monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps,

I'm delighted we have found some common ground at last, even if we still differ on a couple of points

Grob, the hospitality chalets provide by BWOS, for BWOS guests is fine, and I have no real problem with that. Same goes for CFM and all the others. My gripe here are the chalets provided by RIAT for their guests.
The idea of RIAT, as we all know, is primarily to support and raise funds for RAFBF and RAFA. Why then, do the very people who we are raising money for, need to splash out vast sums of money on people who, quite frankly, don't need it and/or could comfortably afford to pay for it themselves ??!!

Alan, I agree entirely that the ATC do a marvellous job at RIAT. But it is no better a job than they do at many other events, but without the lavish freebies. Yes, it does project the RAF. Yes, it is good positive publicity. But, they do get a free day out at what we all agree is the worlds greatest airshow, and I seriously must question the need to further heap freeby goodies on them Whether BWOS sponsor hats, T-shirts blah or not is irrelivant. Give the cost of them all to those that need it, ie the RAFBF and the RAFA. Sorry, but they need it most!

As for the chalet food; I bet it was wonderful!
As you will know, to give out my sqn and a/c type will cost me my life!! so I regret I cannot comply!
As for the beer and happy hour, well I'd love to, but firstly I'm a bit of a 'Grouse' man myself. And secondly, if the boss caught at happy hour instead of on call he would go bananas I don't think he would appreciate me climbing into my flying machine under the 'afluence of incahol', hic!

I genuingly hope that RIAT happens, and raises millions for RAFBF and RAFA. Times are hard for the old boys, and we must do all we can to help them, just like they have helped us.

Keep smiling
The Swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, put the kettle on old boy, theres a good chap!'