PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riat 2003
Thread: Riat 2003
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2003, 13:47
swinging monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grob, Alan,

Looks like I am in a minority, maybe!

The wasteage: well, no one can have been to RIAT without seeing every air cadet under the sun wearing hats, t-shirts, sweatshirtas blah!
I know it is good to give them all something, but how can RIAT, RAFBF and RAFA plead poverty one one hand, and give away literally thousands and thousands of pounds worth of 'freebies' on the other?? You cannot have both.

And the hospitality chalets blah?

The last time I did the show (2 - 3 yrs ago) the aircrew were treated shamefully. I know, I was there! No food, no drinks, diddly squatt! However, I managed to sneek a look in at the RIAT enclosure/hospitality tent - holy cow!! I've never seen such a spread, but alas, it's only for the very people I elude too in my earlier post.

Alan, of course we like beer and girlies, what are you suggesting?? But, good hosting isn't for just the post show party.

I agree it's the biggest airshow in the world, but Waddo comes a very, very close second, and if Paul Byram and his team can do it, with their limited resources, then RIAT should be able to do it! Maybe they could visit Waddo to see how the 'participants' should be, and ARE treated. Very much better than RIAT.

Grob, Yes, anything is better than a weekend in the desert, even RIAT (sorry!) and as you say, a flypast of BUFFS will go down a BOMB!!!

See you all there (maybe? )

Swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, rant over - fetch me a scotch, and make it a double'