PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 25th Jul 2013, 03:38
Capt Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think those of you who are going through this recruitment process need to chill out a little and be patient - congrats on getting through stages 1 and 2! It is not a quick process and bear in mind that there will be others in the same boat who are at various stages of testing. There are interviews scheduled regularly and if you have got through stage 2 it is just a matter of waiting for the next stage of testing.

I couldn't say for sure but it wouldn't surprise me if they do hold off a course or two as there are many in training at this point and it makes sense to clear up the backlog rather than pay a new group of F/Os to sit on their backside waiting. The Link has been consistently putting on regular courses for a couple of years now and with more aircraft arriving there is no doubt that there will be need for recruitment.

The sky isn't falling though so don't get too frustrated just yet and be relieved that you weren't part of the group back in 2008 who went through the process and on 'active hold' only to be told that courses would no longer be run and to reapply in the future. Some people I knew of even had course dates and had resigned from their present job. No doubt, there was a degree of disappointment felt by all when it happened but most of us just got on with it, moved on and kept going in GA to become more competitive and reapply as direct entry candidates.

Good luck with stage 3!

Mo