PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2003, 15:58
Few Cloudy

ex-Tanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Just the last paragraph...

Well Mary, that was a pretty encompassing first post. I will restrict myself to the contents of your last paragraph.

A foreign accent - is that a bad thing? There are pilots from all over flying for easy - and lots of other airlines too. I have flown for Japanese and Swiss ones, having pilots from Mexico to Greece as well as UK. Believe me, all those guys could fly. On the other hand the odd plum in the mouth guy has cocked up.

Bumpy approach to Aberdeen - in my experience this happens very often - the fact that they put it down nicely indicated that they had it under control, so don't knock it. Whether it would have been any less bumpy into EDI is by no means certain either. On a bumpy approach the pilots are earning their pay - for you Mary. You can't guarantee a bump free ride and any airline that diverted for rough but in-limits weather would soon be out of customers.

Two crew on the brakes - how do you know? Firstly this is completely contra to procedures and secondly you can get all the brakes you need just from one side. You didn't say what the runway conditions were like - It is a good idea to get the ship slowed down fast in rough conditions especially if wet.