PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia refused an Israeli ticket sale in USA.
Old 24th Jul 2013, 12:27
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would guess too that it's something they will fill when requested by a travel agent or customer in the comments on the booking form but is not on the options since it's not asked for often enough. There is a space for 'SPML' and details to be added. I guess this is how it is done.

In all other respects they are like any other Kosher meal, down to the seals and types of items on the tray.

If enough people requested them then I suppose they would appear on the booking page. IIRC EK have something like 20+ SPML on offer...

Anyway we were talking about Saudia. I suppose things will always be a bit touchy in this region but seems to be changing- I asked immigration the other day what would happen if someone was to visit Israel- he just said to make sure they don't stamp inside the passport but to get the paper and there should not be a problem if it was just a tourist trip. In fact there have been people of Jewish descent taking tour groups to Saudi in previous years. It's all pre-approved and taken by a certain tour company, quite interesting really. It was in Time magazine I think...