PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2013, 00:20
overmars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airplanedriver:

Hey, no problem. I didn't see a tinge of racial discrimination whatsoever in your post.

It is true that FOs are leaving SIA by the hordes to other airlines. I am not sure about the period like 10 years ago but I believe other carriers offer command opportunities much earlier now compared to SIA due to the obscenely thick layer of FO fat at the moment. However, among the subsidiaries, I think the highest chance of getting an upgrade would be in Silkair and Scoot, just because they have plans for expansion.

With regards to housing allowance, yes, it is a challenge to "get by" in Singapore without it. But, honestly, it depends on the lifestyle that you want to have. You can't live an 'expat lifestyle' without an expat contract. Not without a huge saving you can dip into. If you 'live like a local', meaning, do your shopping at NTUC Fairprice, eat at the food centre downstairs, send your kids to a local school (which is of pretty high standards actually), not party all day all night at Clark Quay... it is do-able. Many non-local FOs are on local terms doing just that.

Ok I digressed at the end...