PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK now hiring.
Thread: EK now hiring.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2013, 09:20
LongLander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accommodation
Emirates pilots are provided with company accommodation (including an additional utilities support allowance) or accommodation allowance.

Company Transport
Our pilots enjoy personal chauffeur service to and from their residence and work locations, within the city limits of Dubai
The accomodation is a lucky dip. You can get a nice place in a good area or you can be out at Jebel Ali like the latest bunch including a lot of DECs, miles from anywhere, with no internet, no phone line.

As for the second quote - after pissing myself laughing... if you consider the driving standard of the HK cabbies you will know what the "personal chauffeur" smelly standard is here.

I would hardly say that I "enjoy" it.

The transport is provided for exactly one reason: to get the pilot to work about 45min before the legal sign on time. Your duties commence then and you leave the building for the apron 10min before duty legally begins. And briefing ends 10min before that!

After work, when you sign off at 6am or midnight or noon after an all-nighter, you can "enjoy" standing around waiting because the cars are all out fetching the departures. Another crock.

Regardless the hours, you can actually live like a king and breathe fresh.
Fresh what??? If you like brown skies you're in the right place. Right now it's 43C and 90% relative humidity. It's been like this for 6 weeks and will stay for another 4+ months.

Not sure if that is true, but I have heard bunk time is NOT included..
It's not included. We have something called "factoring" which makes it "legal" to do 1100 or so.

Also no credit for leave days or sim or any ground school, especially the hours you do at home.

Enjoy......................