PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL on Deathwatch
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2003, 19:09
OldAg84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wino,

My point exactly- I won't be looking for attitudes to improve- I'll be flying elsewhere. I understand why people are demoralized, but it's still a competetive marketplace out there.

Personally, I do more with less than many of my counterparts do. I have my own "issues" at work, but because I'm in sales, I smile and do my best. Reservations, ticket counter, gate agents, and inflight crew better recognize they are, in large fashion, sales people as well. They craft my travel experience, and in light of the fact that frequent flyer plans are becoming less attractive, this is becoming more important-not less.

Because my loyalty (or any potential loyalty) has been squandered by select carriers management and customer contact employees, I'll bring my business elsewhere. Likely, I'll stay there as well, even if things get better.

I'll agree that it is a very tough time for alot of people in the industry but as I said; a smile costs nothing for the airline.

Lest one think I'm trite or insincere- I've flown over 2 million aggregate miles (based on frequent flyer standards). I've flown all the majors domestically in the U.S.. As an aviation buff (that's why I PPrune)- I have the utmost respect for the professionals who make my trip a safe and timely one. I for one wish the market conditions that drive this thread never existed. In the end one can roll over and die- or you can play to win all the way to the end.

OldAg