PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructions to PAX to ignore safety instructions
Old 19th Jul 2013, 10:59
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the foreign language PA on domestics easyJet want it. It's the CAA that was dragging its heels but I believe it's on it's way in now. It would be a change in the AOC and it's not as simple as just sending in a letter to the CAA.

In terms of ques. I honestly don't know how it would be done. There must be 12 or so languages on the PRAM.

It's a very anti eJ part of Prune is this, but as a comparison I flew bmi regional from my local airport to Brussels a few years back. The safety demo was manual in English only.

That's great about EZS, but what would you propose the crew do on an Arabic speaking flight? Or Maltese, Portuguese and now even Russian.

Without screens it's all about getting the balance right. If you need to do three full demos in three languages then that's 10 minutes gone. This will mean passengers having to be onboard the craft sooner and the cabin secure. If you're departing 27 at Bristol ten it's a very short taxi. Would you be happy sat there ready to go but having to wait ten minutes to listen to three demos.

Last edited by fa2fi; 19th Jul 2013 at 11:01.