PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana 777 crash at KSFO
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2013, 10:12
8che

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to add to the chorus Fliion,

So you are suggesting that in line training if you manually fly something badly you should be given a company standard 3 ?

Therefore preventing the company, the authority, or any other instructor from being able to access an accurate training record for you and as a result prevent the training department from helping you.

Millerscourt, I also have to take exception to your avoidance of V/S mode. Why would you avoid using a great mode that the manufacturer spent time installing. Perhaps you could explain how with the Autopilot engaged in descent you responded if the speed decayed while in FLCH or VNAVSPD due turbulence etc ? Let me guess you had to disconnect the A/P ?

and no V/S in climb ? why.... because it doesn't prevent speed decay ? That will be the same as manual flight then. Try climbing in an empty B777/767/757.

There but for the grace of god we all go with this accident. The requirement to leave the autothrottle engaged for all landings on this type (and airbus) is certainly eroding my skills.

Last edited by 8che; 19th Jul 2013 at 10:24.