PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New MPA?
Thread: New MPA?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2013, 02:34
DaveyBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the drivers for high level ASW.
RF horizon for other sensors, some of which you don't know about.

Emphatically not because anyone would have the slightest qualms about flying P-8A at 200' all day every day for the next 40 years if that's what it is needed to do.

There are degrees of passing IOT&E.
Indeed there are. For ASW, P-8A Increment 1 passed OT-C1 (aka IOT&E) in the "Exceeded all expectations, handed every submarine commander it was up against his ass on a plate, shat all over the competition and pissed off other MPA crews by casually broadcasting a few Dolphin Codes in the clear that referenced how rubbish they were by comparison" degree.

Now, Jet In Vitro, I must congratulate you on a stellar start to your PPRuNe career. In your first ever post you implied that European employment law might apply to members of the Armed Forces, when it doesn’t.*

In your second post you asked a question about RJ basing that had been answered, less than 24 hours before, on the very same thead.

In all your subsequent posts thus far, you have been on this thread, arguing about the P-8A’s low level performance with a bunch of P-8A flying instructors, and (this is my favourite) arguing about how well P-8A passed IOT&E with… wait for it… members of the P-8A Integrated Test Team that flew the test flights and wrote the report!

Bravo, sir, bravo!

You are either a Troll, or an Air Rank.

* That’s the short answer. Before people try to correct me, a slightly longer answer is that any employment law doesn’t automatically apply to the Armed Forces because we’re not ‘employed’ in the sense that we don’t have contracts of employment, and most EU directives that might have been relevant specifically exempt the Armed Forces of any member state anyway. Despite that, HMG did ‘opt us in’ to specific acts that suited it, such as anti-discrimination acts, even though it didn’t have to. None affect whether it might be lawful for the MOD to impose a RoS. As it happens, I don’t believe that the MOD has never gone to court to enforce one, but that’s another matter.