PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA 500 hrs in a multi crew enviroment MCC exemption
Old 13th Jul 2013, 11:25
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it was never the case that just because the AOC said 2 pilots in a SPA that you automatically got to log the time as dual crew or for that matter the second pilot could log anything.

The equipment fit had to be of a certain standard.

The SOP's had to written as multi crew.

The pilot checks had to be conducted as multi crew.

A MPA IR for the type was issued separately to the SPA IR.

And at all points it was inspected and signed off by a flight ops inspector.

Once that was all complete then both crew could log the time as multi crew.

I do know pilots who have tried to get hours through as a second pilot and the hours have been refused for license issue. One even managed to complete a MPA type rating and there was all manner of problems when they refused to put the type on due to lack of MCC. They also for a while were insisting that the whole type rating needed repeating again after the MCC was gained.

If your flying for an AOC outside UK CAA oversight or they haven't issued an approval for a UK AOC as multicrew I don't think your going to have much joy.

If its so you can do a Multicrew type rating I would just bite the bullet and find the cheapest MCC you can find and do it.

And trim you never needed it but could log the time. The boys on the MPA fisheries on the F406 could log multicrew and also be PIC on a CPL. The initial rating was a SPA then they were LPC'd as Multicrew.

Then when they moved on to the Jetstream they could use the LST as the ATPL test and not do the MCC because they had the 500hours multicrew time. They went then straight into the LHS with a ATPL.

Last edited by mad_jock; 13th Jul 2013 at 11:30.