PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave LH!! Join Virgin or Emirates
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2003, 15:58
carrioke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re EK

Hi guys well here is some brief info

pay starts at 3640 dhs not sure what the exchange rate is in Euros but for pounds it is around 5.5

This is basic pay on top of that you get flying pay which will be I think 2 or 3000 dhs extra. depending on your flights, and obviously this increases with each promotion and length of employment

On top of this you get your hotel expenses which for LGW is 60 UK sterling a night, it all depends on where you go. Once you ar ein J/C or F/C then you have duty free commission on top which is 10% o fwhat you sell and of course the wages are TAX FREE!!!

Your accommodation is ALL paid for as are all your bills, water ,electricity A/C etc so this all adds up to one of the best paid packages in the industry. All furniture is provided as is crockery., cutlery, ironing board, iron, washing machine, cooker etc

roster wise you have about 75 hours flying , sometimes less around 60 sometimes more if busy i.e 90 hours. You get around 8 or 9 proper days off, ie no duty what so ever and numerous rest days, where you land after midnight and get the rest of the day off, unless they give you minium rest which can happen although not often. so you can have half the month off effectively.

You can request up to either 15 days of your roster or 5 flights, only one of which which can be a popular flight and you can request 3 days off a month.

Hope this helps. Virgin pay is not very good but when it all comes down to it is is personal choice. Dubai is a great place to live, very westernised, but really hot in the summer!!! I have heard good things about Virgin, but I am really happy in Dubai.
Good Luck!!!