PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 777-200 Asiana Crash a SFO
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 23:57
RedBullGaveMeWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conoscete Alan Carter, il comandante del volo Virgin Atlantic 19 da Heathrow a SFO? Mi riferisco a quel video documentario di ITTV.
Bene, questo è il suo stato di qualche ora fa dal suo profilo Facebook:

It has been said that some pilots with 10,000 hours only have a 1,000 hours......but ten times! I hope that makes sense.

Also, one Asian carrier I worked with tried to integrate cabin-crew and pilots on their CRM courses....or as they called it 'Error Management Courses'. I noticed that there were no pursers on the course, when I queried this I was told that pursers don't need CRM....such was their power in the company!

One of my colleagues for the same Asian carrier told me a story about one of his simulator check rides....and I quote!
"When conducting an ILS approach he wasn't happy that he was completely stabilised so elected to make a go-around and come back for another approach, this time fully stabilised and landed......When queried by his 'local' simulator instructor as to why, he was met with the following statement.......'Do you know the difference between a local pilot and a foreign (ie ex-pat) pilot......? Foreign pilot afraid to die!!!!!!

Culture can be a difficult thing to understand sometimes.......