PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 19:44
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
WASHINGTON — The United States should press Syria and Russia to enter into talks to end the Syrian civil war, including “targeted” strikes on Bashar al-Assad’s military forces, a White House ally said Tuesday. Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Sen. Carl Levin, is calling for America and its allies to conduct “limited, targeted strikes at Assad’s apparatus of terror, including airplanes, helicopters, missiles, tanks and artillery.”
Senator, yer a freakin' idiot.

I'll suggest that Senator Levin's Jewish ancestry can be used as a political rhetorical point by Assad, Iran, and those fun loving folks of all sorts who believe that the recent attacks on the missile warehouse "seems to be from Israel" (who knows, at this point?) ... and thus part of a US/Zionist plot to do X evil thing in Syria for Y reason.

I'd say he's tone deaf to the politics of the region. He's also tone deaf to the politico military fusion.
Such strikes should be “coordinated with the actions of the Syrian opposition on the ground,” the Michigan Democrat said in a joint statement with fellow SASC member Angus King, I-Maine. “Such strikes could degrade Assad’s military capabilities, bring some relief to the embattled Syrian people, show we are serious,” said Levin and King.
He's reading talking points on doing a replay of Libya.

Senator, please learn this:

THERE IS NO COOKIE CUTTER!

Would somebody please send him a clue?

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 10th Jul 2013 at 19:46.