PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK interview shortlist for FO'S
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2013, 17:07
3Ten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under review!!!

I have been sitting for a whole year with the Under Review on my application. Is this normal?

There's a "small" glitch I stumbled upon when I attended a road show a few months ago: The HR person making the presentation said at some point, that they would take no one over age 48 for F/O positions. There's nowhere in the EK careers site that states that fact, but I supose it could be to avoid discrimination acusations.

Actualy I started my flying career at age 40, so now I am 49 and 4,500 hrs TT, 4,200 are multi jet, 3,000 are wide body, 3,900 are Airbus, 1,300 FBW and an university degree. I think is experience enough to expect being called for an interview, or not?

I think that having succeded to start my carrer at that age, keeping my job with the same airline for 9 years, having my 2nd heavy jet type rating with 650 hrs TT, only says good things about my professional performance, and I still can offer 16 years of professional flying from now on.

Considering all this, is it normal to wait so long? Or the under review only means that they are waiting for me to give up? I am no longer absolutely sure that the EK option is the best for me presently (maybe that's why I take the risk of posting this and being identified), but I realy would like to understand if is this me or is it normal.

Cheers