PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius little incident
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2003, 02:02
MK940

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you PP, it is nice to have the full facts detailed so people are not jumping to conclusion. As your facts would point out MK conducted itself in a manner which would render it a very good operation regardless of size.
Icaptain25, I can only assume you are a pilot and if so, you would have heard of the pnemonic ANC(Aviate, Navigate, Communicate). It's obvious in a situation as such the crew would have been way too busy as pointed out by PP, to liaise with the pax. It appears the crew did the job they are trained to do and my hat goes off to them. In regards to letting the pax know what was happening, I'm not sure about the MK SOP but in ours it does say when time permits.
The thunderstorm is not even an issue. This happens in a lot of places around the world and delaying the departure is inevitable. From my experience, most pax understand this and usually are more than happy to sit on the ground whilst the storms passes thru.
A situation like this can be very delicate for a small airline and it doesn't help when people start jumping to conclusions. So a big thank you to PP for letting everyone know what happened, otherwise rumours can be damaging to ones reputation.