PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana 777 crash at KSFO
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2013, 12:47
Ynot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....not again...

LR3
In no way should this be construed as an attempt to lay the majority of blame anywhere else then the flight deck but have a think about how you feel at 5am, landing after your third night turn in a week.Missing radio calls,forgetting if you have been cleared to land, wondering if you have sat the crew down 10 seconds after you just did it.

LR3 and all of that before touch down...I just heard (rumors Network again) that an A380 skipper was demoted for turning into the wrong taxiway and having had to be tagged out...

Non Zero - Only the FAA can satisfy your frustration ... the majority of other civilian organizations have demonstrate to be very wick ...
Non Zero I Agree...unfortunately...

Old King Coal
The fact that some airlines have to bring their crews into the simulator in order to have them conduct manual handling exercises, speaks volumes !

yes it does...it's called being proactive not reactive...but I agree in the fact that what brought us here is too much reliance in automation and luck of piston/turboprop/GA or even 737/320 rural ops exposure...much more valuable exposure than being a HF/CPDLC operator for hours and ending up with 3 landings per month if lucky and that in usually good weather with an ILS....

Ynot