PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructions to PAX to ignore safety instructions
Old 8th Jul 2013, 08:14
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeezy's safety demonstration is poor, much worse than other airlines.

I recently flew GVA-BRS (on EZY not EZS). Almost as soon as the door closed they started the tape of the French language briefing. People were still in the aisle storing their baggage etc. Cabin crew not participating in briefing, not showing how to belt the life jacket, not showing the whistle and light, not doing anything related to the briefing. Frankly I'm not sure why they bothered.

A few minutes later, once the cabin was a little calmer, they did the briefing in English. This wasn't a tape but spoken very quickly in a very very thick accent from somewhere up north. I'm English mother tongue, but not British, and I couldn't understand what she was saying. French speakers, even with perfect English, would have not done as well as I.

How can you expect the passengers to know how to 'assume the position' in these circumstances?

Yes, I've seen the briefing thousands of times so I knew what was going on but don't they expect you to pay careful attention to every briefing?

The return flight a few days later had a similar French briefing (i.e. playing a tape while crew did other things) but the English was more understandable, but spoken much too quickly.