PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salaries...
Thread: Salaries...
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2013, 18:41
Teldorserious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Galaxy it's easier to get a job when the other guys see you roll up in a jet, not to mention you get to hop around airports and just bump into other flight departments, relaxed, not needing a flying job, not giving a crap.

It's just psychology. Also I wouldn't discount the fact that you have probably been offered jobs to fly the plane that you are flying right now, as they can see they get a free type and currency out of the deal.

Always easier to get a job when you have a job, it's just psychology.

Converselly, I have been told to cut my resume in half as that 'intimidates' chief pilots, so maybe another factor is that you don't intimidate people. Maybe you are professional FO, you don't worry Chief pilots. Can't stress this enough. So many insecure peeps in corporate aviation, with so many hiring kids, old timers that are past it, ect. The guys that I know personally that have gone the farthest were fuel pumpers, flight instructors, guys with out degrees, that the boss knew couldn't get hired elsewhere.

As stupid as this sounds I might just cut my resume down so much that in the end it just says 'can't fly, won't take your job, sem-retarded, will sell out, will do what you want as long as I get a seat'.

Last edited by Teldorserious; 7th Jul 2013 at 18:43.