PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro american school of aviation suspended
Old 6th Jul 2013, 17:32
victormalmborg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Euro American School of Aviation in Ormond Beach, FL

Euro School of Aviation, FLYEASA, Ormond Beach Aviation..A school with many names due to various reasons.

I'm posting this because I want to give anyone, who is considering coming to Euro School of Aviation for flight training, a warning, heads up and a word of advise!

DO NOT COME TO Euro School of Aviation!

They're not an approved flight school by JAA/EASA(European Aviation Safety Agency) any more. In other words, they got their license suspended a couple of months ago and can no longer issue any JAA/EASA licenses or certificates.
Of course, in true Euro American School of Aviation spirit, this doesn't stop them from enrolling students without telling them about this "minor detail".

Flying at EASA is always an adventure, especially in their Cessna 150's. The few instruments they do feature never works and you'll more than often have to return early due to a rough running engine or some other exiting problem.
The ground school isn't better, ofcourse I can only speak for the ATPL course but I think that's the most important one.
It is provided by CATS, crazy expensive, you're promised three half day lectures a week but you should be lucky if you get one. Other than that all the price includes is access to a terrible website.

I could go on like this for hours but I think everyone get my point by now.
The world of aviation is awesome but not at Euro American School of Aviation. Rumors say that they'll probably close down or go out of business soon, so whatever you do do not invest your time and money here!!!