PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - avherald: Pilots fired for letting pax take pilot seat
Old 6th Jul 2013, 09:04
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone ever been prosecuted for allowing a non approved person into the flight deck?
Custodial sentence?
I know the law can be an ass sometimes, but surely not that much of an ass?
What's the maximum penalty?
Actually to be fair you can as a PAX visit the flight deck now at the discretion of the Captain but not in flight!
On relocation flights after dropping off a Bizjet I have on a number of times had a chat with the crew leaving the aircraft after shutdown while waiting for the masses to leave the aircraft as if they were on the London marathon.

Being a sceptic I always am wary of genuine reasons for such security especially when so much money is involved.

The next mass employer was going to be saving the planet and global warming until the recession reared its ugly head forcing government to put that new Multi billion£ industry on hold. Jobs for the masses taxes for the government all under the veil of saving the planet.
No doubt as brighter times arrive government will release scaremongering government sponsored research data frightening us all into forking out huge new taxes and and heralding the birth of a new massive and expensive freedom crippling industry.

Security is the same.

Last edited by Pace; 6th Jul 2013 at 09:06.