PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - avherald: Pilots fired for letting pax take pilot seat
Old 5th Jul 2013, 23:45
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
If I were still flying I would have been in Guantanamo Bay years ago, as a result of assaulting, or at the very least insulting, any one of the Worlds' so called airport security staff.

I can barely take the airport security stuff as a passenger now, knowing that the Bad Boys will do EXACTLY what they want to do when they want to do it, and it probably won't be towards an airline again, even simple precautions to make it less than wide open will drive them towards other venues, like suitcases on the Underground - as has been mentioned - or pressure cookers on the streets of a city marathon, but .... why do the crews put up with it so meekly, the "authorities" make them jump through hoops daily, then give them a flying missile (with more than 10ml of fuel on board) to do with what they will !! Madness.

One so called security goon removed a Swiss Army knife from my Flt. Eng. - and this was even before 9/11 - and I asked if she was stealing it ? Oh no, she said, we seal it up and bring it out to the Captain of the aircraft. I am the Captain, I said, why not give it to me now ? Cannot.

Just before start up the same goon appeared on the flight deck (and they didn't make her take her shoes off before boarding) and gave me a sealed packet to sign for. In front of her I tore it open and returned it to the Flt. Eng. and told her she was stupid.

( I subsequently had tea with the Flt. Mgr. - no choccy biscuits ! )

World's Gone Mad.

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 5th Jul 2013 at 23:48.