PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe146-200 Operations at IAO/RPNS
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2013, 12:36
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAe146-200 Operations at IAO/RPNS

Hi,

Here on Siargao Island, at present, our island airport of IAO/RPNS is restricted to ATR42/72 movements (from/to Cebu) simply because of the length of the runway with the ATR being, until recently, the largest airliner operated in the Philippines and capable of operating thru here, I don't have TORA/TODA figures available but the runway length is 1,326m/4,420ft, the temperature is normally HOT, with little if any wind, there is no fuel here thus round trip fuel needs to be carried and Jenson Button would be proud of the standing starts these ATR's achieve from the runway threshold.

Now the island is ranting and raving about a new operator (skyjetair) that is to operate BAe146-200 aircraft (in Y96 config) direct from/to Manila and, bearing in mind this is the Philippines, I'm having doubts regarding performance issues of BAe146-200's thru what is, effectively, a jungle landing strip of a mere 1,326m/4,420ft in length.

I'm just wondering if someone might have some BAe146-200 manuals or a computer to hand to run the figures thru ...

It would be MNL/IAO/MNL carrying round trip fuel, let's say 96 passengers in each direction, most of them surfers so, let's say 80% male, 20% female, plus bags and a quantity of surfboards, let's say the alternate for IAO is SUG with the alternate for MNL being CRK.

I feel the figures must work but I just wonder how marginal these figures may be?