PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should edward snowden be allowed to travel to the uk ???
Old 4th Jul 2013, 04:21
Pucka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FERtd..and other people of the Orwellian farm..making a stand for basic human rights, the right to be heard, the right to protest, the right of privacy, the right of democratic basic needs..they all started at a political starting grid. To restore some of those rights, that grid occasionally has to be relocated and reviewed. Snowden has done just that. The levels and areas where snooping is presently acceptable needs definite review. Spooking around my metaphoric garbage bags of home does little to defuse the next 9/11...otherwise, what is the point of a privacy data ordinance? what next..open season on our bank accounts, our bedrooms, our minds? I don't depose the concepts of intelligence gathering, I am just advocating that the boundaries of that gathering need better definition and less public intrusion. In the UK, there are mechanisms that the various agencies can use if they suspect potential terrorist threats. These gates are the imperatives that we the public, must have to preserve our democratic foundations and the dwindling remnants of individual privacy.